”Why Apple hasn’t seen fit to build this function in… is a mystery surpassing human understanding.”
”One of those rare third party utilities that is so simple yet useful that you’ll wonder why it isn’t included as a feature in macOS.”
”It’s hard to beat. If you are looking to hide your menu bar icons, check out Vanilla.”
”It's incredible Apple hasn't released a tool like this yet”
Vanilla will never nag you to upgrade, but if you’d like, you can unlock the Pro version to reach peak Mac minimalism.
- Perfect your menu bar by completely hiding icons
- Hide any app icon from your Mac’s menu bar
- Compatible with light and dark menu bars
- Automatically hide icons again after five seconds
- Start Vanilla automatically when you log in
- Toggle icons with a keyboard shortcut
(Seriously, I use this with Command-Shift-< like forty times a day. Get Pro just for this.)
With Vanilla, you can create a beautiful, minimalist Mac setup.
I also make Rocket
, a Mac emoji app featured by The Verge and Lifehacker.