”One of those rare third party utilities that is so simple yet useful that you’ll wonder why it isn’t included as a feature in macOS.”
”It’s hard to beat. If you are looking to hide your menu bar icons, check out Vanilla.”
”A very simple app which allows you to hide menu bar icons on your Mac… the app is very good at what it does”
Vanilla will never nag you to upgrade, but if you’d like, you can unlock the Pro version to reach peak Mac minimalism.
- Perfect your menu bar by completely hiding icons
- Hide any app icon from your Mac’s menu bar
- Compatible with light and dark menu bars
- Automatically hide icons again after five seconds
- Start Vanilla automatically when you log in
- Toggle icons with a keyboard shortcut
(Seriously, I use this with Command-Shift-< like forty times a day. Get Pro just for this.)
Here are some beautiful, minimalist setups using Vanilla…
Send me yours!
I also make Rocket
, a Mac emoji app featured by The Verge and Lifehacker.