I’ve worked out how to get Netflix working worldwide, as well as on the Apple TV. It costs $13 a month. Here are the steps:
I made a new email account for all this, then set it to forward all mail to my regular email account. You will need a new email account unless you have a spare one already.
- Get Unblock-Us. It’s $5 a month but totally painless. Follow their instructions to set it up on any non-Apple TV device you want.
- Create a US iTunes account following these instructions.
- With Unblock-Us activated, go to Netflix, sign up and put in your credit card details. The first month is free, then it’s $7.99 per month after that.
- Netflix should now work on any computer you’ve set up. Try it out before going any further.
If you don’t want it for Apple TV, then you can stop here.
- Follow Unblock-Us’ instructions on how to set up the Apple TV with their service. Make sure you hit ‘Restart’ from Settings -> General after you’ve done their steps. Mine did not allow me to change the location immediately after signing in, but restarting and signing in again fixed this.
- Ensure that the ‘check’ on the homepage of Unblock-Us is fully active.
- Use Netflix.
If you have any questions or need me to clarify any steps, feel free to contact me on Twitter.